Thursday, June 09, 2005

Late Night Phone Calls

Well, I managed to get all my floors done yesterday. Straightened the living room. Did a load of laundry. Now I've just got to get the kitchen squared away and I'm set. I could have had it all done last night but Lindsey stopped by. She wanted to spend the night so that was a good distraction for me.

The only thing is, I think I got her worried about her Uncle Mike. She wanted to play the Game Cube but I told her if she did she'd have to play alone because I had to stay in the living room to wait for a phone call. We watched a movie instead and when Michael hadn't called by Midnight, we decided to go to bed. She decided she was going to sleep in "uncle's spot", which was something she hadn't done before, but she promised that if I let her, she'd sleep in. She's normally up by 7:00 and right now it's just after 9AM and she's still asleep.

Anyway, we went to bed and she couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned, turned the TV on and off a few times. Every little sound she heard she'd ask, "Is that the phone?" It turned out that my cousin invited Michael to see a movie once they got their hotel rooms. It was a late movie because it was after 7PM when they finally arrived in Anchorage. They saw Star Wars which is about 3 hours long so they didn't get back to their hotel until 12:30 or so. Michael finally called at about 12:45. Lindsey was still awake but as soon as I let her say her I love you's and goodnight's she fell asleep almost immediately.

I talked on the phone for about 20 minutes or so. He was telling me about his flights and his hotel room. I fell asleep sometime after 1AM and slept really well. Until about 5AM.

That's when Lindsey really started moving around. She'd go from "uncle's spot" on the other edge of our king size bed to the middle...then to lying right up against me and a few times even flung her arm and leg over me. I'd push her away and we'd start all over again. I finally had to sleep on top of the blankets to restrict her movement a little...at least when it came to lying on top of me. hehe

Today I'll get the kitchen done and she'll probably help me. The girl loves to clean. I have no idea why. She can't stand to see dust. I call the Swiffer Duster commercial "her" commercial because she's just like the lady in it. If there's dust anywhere, and even if there isn't, she'll pick up the duster and dust everything in sight.

Getting her to keep her bedroom clean? Well, that's a whole other story.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Such an adorable and loving child. You two are positively two peas in a pod, aren't you?

My niece Mindy is like that. She gets worried and then I don't have to. I take care of her and she takes care of me. It's awesome.

Don't clean too much. Make sure to have some fun in there somewhere!

Sandy said...

Send that clean bug my way! How old is she? Wow, she's been raised right, eh?

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, we are extremely close. But I'm actually closer to her sister Lucione. Lucione is the one people are always mistaking as mine. She's the one who spent every single weekend of the first 6 years of her life with me. Lindsey has just become close in the last few years and I have to say I love it.

As for cleaning, that IS fun for her. But we did plenty of other things, too. We played Uno Attack, watched movies, played the Game Cube...she is really good at keeping me busy.

Akeskileut, it was cute. She was wide awake until the phone rang. As soon as she realized it was her uncle, she calmed down and started getting drowsy. Then when I let her talk to him and she heard his voice on the phone, it was like he turned off her switch. She instantly relaxed and was snoring before I hung up the phone.

Sandy, she's 11 but she's been into cleaning since she was about 5 or 6. I'll send her to you only if I can come along. It's been too long since I've been to Hawaii! :o)

Kerri said...

She LOVES ice cream almost as much as she loves to clean! Hmmm, I always wanted to visit your side of the country. ;o)

J said...

Hi, I've just found your blog via the 'next blog' button. It looks like a good read, so I've bookmarked it.

Kerri said...

Welcome, J...and thank you. :o)