Monday, June 27, 2005

Tid Bits

I don't have it in me to write a proper post today. It's too hot and I'm too restless to sit still. If my husband wasn't at the clinic trying to get clearance to work, we'd be out don't something. The weather is too beautiful today to be idle.

********************************

Anyway, to answer your questions: Yes, I have a Yaya. But I am not Greek or Chinese. Yaya means grandfather in our language. I talk more about mine here.

********************************

Saturday we went to Craig's birthday party. I had so much fun making him laugh. He thought he was teasing me, but it was more like entertaining me. hehe He got a lot of new summer clothes and tons of Yu-gi-oh cards. He even got a Dark Magician card...whatever that is. He was quite happy with it, though, so it must be a good one. I chased him around the house and made a fool of myself doing it, but I couldn't leave without giving him his birthday spanks. hehe I can't believe he's already 7.

********************************

Lindsey and Theodore have become obsessed with fishing. They're trying to talk Uncle Mike into taking them. Most likely, it's because everyone else has had their fill. They've been at it a solid week. We just might take them later on.

********************************

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I hope you all are having a happy Monday! :o)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

:-) It's that hot here too today. So I have the AC cranked up high and the puppies are inside.

Yes, and Kodiak is licking my heels and toes thoroughly. If I was him, I'd be so grossed out by now. I guess there's worse things, though.

Tee/Tracy said...

Thanks for the explanation about your Yaya. I left a comment on that entry as well.

I forgot that you live in Alaska. If you don't mind me asking, what was the name of your tribe? (If that applies?) Can you tell us about some of the cultural differences and give maybe a recipe? I find it VERY interesting. Hope you don't find me nosy.

I'm part Native American but because my great great grandmother assumed an English name and wouldn't talk about her past, we don't know anything else. Kind of frustrating - but I've always been interested in Native Americans and any other culture for that matter!

So, do you enjoy fishing? My grandfather and uncle took me a few times growing up. It was kind of fun :)

Aimee said...

How hot is hot in Alaska?

It's actually been sort of cool here this week--in the mid-70s. I'm NOT complaining! I love cool-ish weather.

Miss you, Hon. I'll try to stop by more often!

xoxo

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, I'm sure it was hotter there than here, but you know...we're not that accustomed to sunshine around here. :o)

Tee, I don't find you nosy at all. I'll think about your questions and try to come up with some answers. I LOVE fishing! I haven't gone in ages, but have many fond memories of fishing with my dad as a child.

Aimee, the day I posted this, it was about 76. Not "hot" by any means, but after a few days of rain it may as well have been 100. We did have a couple days where we were in the high 80's a couple weeks ago. That was miserable. We're used to rain around here. People dress for summer when it hits 60.

Lois Lane said...

Sounds like summer is shaping up pretty nicely there! Glad to hear that.
Lois Lane