Thursday, June 30, 2005

Prayers and Memes

You get two posts for the price of one today!

First, I just have to share with you a story about Lindsey and Theodore. They both spent the night with me last night. Before they go to sleep at night, they are in the habit of saying a little prayer. You know the one:
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take


Last night I happened to be walking by the bedroom they were in when I heard Theodore say, "Wake up! We forgot to pray!" He bolted out of bed and knelt down with his hands in the "prayer position". He recited the prayer and at the end added on "God bless Gigi and Yaya, Mom and Dad, the rest of my family, all the people and animals of the world. Don't forget the mammals 'cause that's what we are. Amen.......Oh! And make me a good boy AaaaaaMEN!" I guess the drawn out Amen was to let God know he was really done praying this time as he crawled back into bed and waited for Lindsey to take her turn.

She started to pray and stopped herself. "Wait...I always get the dinner time and the bedtime prayers mixed up." Theodore reminded her how it went and she recited the prayer. Then she added "God bless my mom and dad, my sisters and brothers, my cousins, my nieces and nephews, and the rest of the world. Amen......And God bless me! Amen"

***********************************

Tee tagged me to do this 3's meme.

Three nicknames – CareBear, Kerri-O, and Buttercup (That’s not a real nickname…it’s what Lindsey used to call me when she was small and was mad at me. I guess it was her way of cursing, as in, "I don't want to, you Buttercup!)

Three things I like about myself - I'm trustworthy, I can sing (I think), and I’m patient

Three things that scare me – The thought of losing my husband, driving in a city, and flying in a small float plane on a windy day.

Three everyday essentials – Time with family, quiet time alone, and the internet.

Three things I'm wearing right now – My wedding ring, diamond earrings, blue jeans.

Three fave bands growing up – Only bands I knew were those my parents listened to: I’ll say Abba, The Manhattans, and The Temptations.

2 truths and a lie – (In no particular order) I’m allergic to cats, I want to move away, I like to watch cartoons.

Three things I can't do without – Coca-Cola (not that I’m addicted), e-mail, family

Three things I can certainly live without - Bills, the neighbors annoying dog, WWE

Three places I want to go on vacation – Hawaii, New Zealand, and California

Three things I want to do before I die - Be a parent, meet some blog/internet friends, build my home

I'm tagging three people- The first 3 people to read this! (or anyone else that wants to give it a go)

8 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

That is way too cute about the prayers!!

Good answers on the meme! :)

Jenny said...

Cute. I'll do my duty and post on that this weekend!

Kerri said...

I thought so, too, Tee. About the prayers, I mean...not the meme. hehe

Jayleigh, don't feel like you have to do it...but I look forward to your answers. :o)

I wish you could have heard them in person, akeskileut. He's here again tonight...wonder what he'll pray for this time?

Lois Lane said...

Thank goodness I was 5. ;)
I love the prayer story, too cute!
Lois Lane

Kerri said...

Actually, Lois, Tee was first but since she tagged me she doesn't count. And I don't count either so you're NUMBER THREE! hehe You don't have to do it, though.

Sandy said...

Kerri--Thanks for sticking up for me about my cousin's comment! lol! He's just 12 and boy, I really didn't know where that came from, we had a great time together.
Well, come on now, you can kill two birds with one stone if you come and visit me, that's meeting blog friends AND visiting Hawaii!!

Kim said...

The prayers are adorable!

Aimee said...

Man, you are SO transparent--In the 2 truths and a lie, I could *so* tell which one was the lie!

Hahahaha!