Friday, June 03, 2005

The Traveling Wall

It took a while, but I finally found the photos I've been searching for. These are of the Traveling Wall. It's a mobile version of the Vietnam Wall in Washington, D.C. The field its in is a baseball field. The wall went almost the entire length of the widest part of the field. It was an awesome sight to see just from the size of it. These were taken during the day so you won't see the flame that is burning. They had local veterans stand watch through the night. It was very touching for a lot of people because we had so many of our community members, including my dad and many of my uncles, involved in the Vietnam War. Not all of our families were lucky enough to have our loved ones return home.

As always, clicking a photo will make it bigger.


Left side of The Wall.


Middle of The Wall.


Right side of The Wall.


Memorial wreaths and flags in front of the center of The Wall.


The long Traveling Wall.

5 comments:

Fizzy said...

what a great, touching and sympathetic idea that enables all to see it.

Kate said...

Wow, that is cool!! :-)

Jenny said...

That always makes me so emotional. My dad was in poor health during that time and unable to even be in the service. He lost so many loved ones in that war, and to see this strong man reduced when he saw the wall in Washington was more than I could bear to witness again.

Thank you for sharing.

David Edward said...

I am thankful for your pictures, and for your desire to share something of substance. We all need to go to the places of memorial and thank those who sacrificed their lives. We also could do better at caring for the wounded. God help me to do more than toss a dollar at a homeless vet. Jesus let me see him with your eyes, love him with your heart, touch him with your hands.

Tee/Tracy said...

That last pic is gorgeous.