Sunday, June 26, 2005

Monday Madness

This week it's fill-in-the-blank.

1. If I could just figure out how to hook up my dish washer, I'd be real happy.
It's a portable one that hooks up to the sink faucet. I've never learned how to hook it up and if I don't learn soon, I'll be washing dishes by hand the whole time Michael's at work!

2. I would be happy to hand over cleaning the kitchen floors to someone else.
I crawl around on my hands and knees to do it, though, so probably wouldn't be happy with the results if someone else did it.

3. One thing I try to do every day is
tell my husband I love him.
My Yaya always told me that was the most important thing in a marriage. I couldn't live with myself if something happened and "I Love You" wasn't the last thing he heard me say.

4. Someone once told me that I was very patient.
That's probably what makes my job so easy.

5. Probably the one word/phrase I tend to overuse is
"Whatever!".
But that's mainly said between my nieces and me.

6. I need to work on my self-esteem.
I think I put too much emphasis on what others think of me rather than what I think of myself.

7. When I'm cleaning house I like to listen to the Solid Gold Oldies music channel on DirecTV.
I grew up listening to oldies and country. That's pretty much all I know.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Kerri my dear friend, if you put emphasis on what others think of you, you would't need to build your self-esteem. You'd have the biggest head around, and you'd be telling everyone else how wonderful you are, what a great teacher and friend, and especially wife and aunt.

Like you, I grew up on old-skool country music and oldies. And for sure, Oldies are the best for house cleaning and gardening!

Have a lovely night!!

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, you're quick! I didn't even finish playing with the html and you had already commented!

You're very sweet to say such kind things. But the truth is, there are a lot of things I choose not to do because I don't think I'm good enough...I'm afraid people would find me nuts for even trying. If I could find a way to be more confident in myself, then maybe I could finally stop worrying about what (I think) others are thinking about me.

Nat said...

Hi Kerri! Thanks for playing Monday Madness! I found your answers very interesting. I like the way you elaborated on them. Working on self-esteem is a challenge for me too....... Have a fabulous week! =)

~Otto (aka Natalie)

Tee/Tracy said...

You had a Yaya? Isn't that a Chinese word for Grandma or Grandpa or something? (Just curious, because if I find out you're from a different culture I'm going to bug you with questions. LOL. I love culture/language, etc.)

I also love those DirectTV music channels. I don't use radio in the house since I have that.

Fizzy said...

1/ sort out my PC without having to ask my hubby... itis going really slow
2/ ironing.... I hate it grrrrrr
3/ cuddle my hubby and kids
4/ (ooo I don;t know )
5/I said No!
6/confidence and assertiveness
7/radio.... prob radio2

Connie Marie said...

My kids have a Yaya. She is Greek, does your background include Greek too Carrie?

Let me see what I would answer to your questions.
1.Get over being afraid of bugs and deep water....
2.toilets
3.Read the Bible
4.creative
5.what?
6.beadwork
7.Music, loud is the best!