Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The "white rock" Revealed

Remember the shop-lifting incident?

Well, the "white rock" (aka marble) was used for my uncles grave.



I apologize if looking at graves makes anyone uncomfortable. I chose a far-away shot to try and prevent any uneasy feelings.

************************************

Speaking of shop-lifting, it appears I'm a bad influence. Michael did a little shopping on his own the last time we were in Town. He went into a sporting goods store and spent $75.00. He gave the clerk a $100 bill and expected to get $25.00 in change. They handed him his change all at once...a few bills. He said thank you and stuffed them in his pocket along with the receipt, and left the store.

When we got back home, we were looking over all our purchases and counting up our receipts. Michael emptied his pocket and looked at me with eyes as big as saucers. I asked him if they shorted him and he said they had done the opposite. Rather than giving him the $25.00 as change, they took it as payment and gave him $75.00 as change.

I'm beginning to wonder how businesses manage to stay open over there. They give us free items and huge discounts every time we shop!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Kerri :)
That was a rather bargain trip to the hardware store then wasn't it? lol

Thank you for your birthday greetings on Fizzy's site, I really appreciated it.

Kerri said...

yes, it was, Sara! hehe

You're quite welcome. I'm glad you had a nice day. :o)

Fizzy said...

I think I need to come and shop in yor town especially at the end of the month... I could do with a little help then .

Kerri said...

Hehe! Be my guest, Fizzy. :o)

Kerri said...

Come on down! haha

Tee/Tracy said...

You've been getting such great deals. LOL.

Jenny said...

How about I coming shopping with you and Michael sometime? hehe It would sure make my money last a little longer!

Lois Lane said...

The grave actually looks nice. In fact, I also posted grave photos, much closer. Now I hope I didn't make anyone uncomfortable.
It's official, you must form a shopping tour. I'm in! LOL!
Lois Lane