Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Oh, How Fun!

A Tsunami Watch is in effect. It's due to hit our area around 10:57PM. It's now 7:27PM. Now the question is, do I run to higher ground or wait it out? It's not a warning, just a watch. In effect from B.C. Canada up to Sitka, AK. I haven't heard any alarms so we must be okay. We haven't had a tsunami watch, warning, or alert since I was a kid. The one wave we did notice hit here, just gave us a really high tide for a few minutes. No damage done. Ahh, the excitement of island living!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well. I heard it was cancelled. After the 64 earthquake we use to get warnings of a tsunami,but never got one.

Kerri said...

We didn't have to evacuate. I didn't expect to have to. We haven't in years.

Fizzy said...

I am glad that you are all OK.
how are you doing? how are your summer hols going? my kids are still in school :(

Jenny said...

Totally freaky! My sis is in Sacramento area this week and felt the quake. YIKES!

Very glad to know you are out of danger.

Tee/Tracy said...

Ack! I'm happy to hear nothing came of it. Are they just doing this because of what happened in Southeast Asia?

Lois Lane said...

Assuming all is well, glad it's over! Sheesh that was scary!
Lois Lane