Tuesday, May 24, 2005

8th Grade Promotion

On Monday the 8th graders were promoted to high school. I had a lot of nieces and nephews in the class so I won't show them all. I will, however, show you the Valedictorian and Salutatorian. :o)


Look familiar? All they did was change the 5 in 2005 to a 9 and add some balloons and stars. :o)


Not the clearest picture because they were walking SO FAST, but here's Alexys. Class president and Valedictorian so she got to make 2 speeches! Her closing remark of her Valedictorian speech was, "I'll see you in 4 years. I plan on making another speech." I love her confidence. I have no doubt she's absolutely correct.


Another blurry picture...this is Jason, my nephew who was Salutatorian. He missed Valedictorian by .03! He's extremely smart, works hard, and is an excellent basketball player. He's thinking of going away to a boarding school for high school. I'm kinda hoping he sticks around.


Their class was double the size of the high school graduating class.


Here's Alexys opening her gifts. She got everything a teenager could want. Her own phone line, 4 months of internet access, a ton of shopping cards, a whole new wardrobe, an mp3 player, and cash, cash, cash.


Here she is with her mother. In a couple weeks, her mother will be a graduate of University of Washington in Seattle. She'll have her bachelor's degree and in September will get her Physician's Assistant certificate. We're all extremely proud of her because she's gone through so much. She had Alexys when she was only 15, her fiance'(the father of her son) died in a car accident, but she's perservered and it has paid off.

4 comments:

Fizzy said...

I am loving all your pictures. We have a totally different school system over here. It does not have any of the ceremony that you have. It is a shame really.
I am still jealous that you all break up soon .Look after yourself

Lois Lane said...

I love that woman's strength! You let her know someone in blogland is very happy and proud of her.
Lois Lane

meelo said...

sounds like you've got tons of really special people in your life! congratulations on all their accomplishments. great pics, too!

Jenny said...

Wow, Alexys looks so grown up! When you write about her childhood days I always picture a stocking-footed little one in piggie-tails! lol

Confidence is so wonderful to see in our young ladies these days. It comes from parents who work hard to instill in them their worth. Kudos to Alexys' mom!