Monday, May 23, 2005

High School Graduation

The high school graduation was on Friday. The class was very small. I remember having these kids in my class when they were small. I'm so proud of each and every one of them. They've grown into such beautiful people. Realizing that, though...makes me feel old! heehee!





Some nervous graduates waiting for the processinal to begin.


My niece Catherine was valedictorian. She's going to Pasadena this summer to do some engineering work in a jet propulsion lab or something. She's already got some college credits, got a kajillion scholarships, and was captain of the cheer squad!


This is Ashley, Michael Richard's 1st cousin from his dad's side. I'm not related to her, but she and Michael were born on the same day just hours apart so she's always been a part of my life. She's the sweetest thing and of course, I wish the best for her.


Michael was SO nervous I thought he was going to crush his roses! I'm so proud of him...he struggled in one of his classes this last semester and we all held our breath when grades came out hoping he'd pass. He did, and was so proud of himself. He leaves next month for the Merchant Marines.


This gal is married to one of my husband's nephews. She dropped out of high school and after marrying and having a couple kids, went back and completed school. We're all extremely proud of her.


Here's the class...all 14 of them. Only 2 of them boys!


Ashley's laughing becuase there were about 5 cameras in their faces at the same time.


After the ceremony, the graduates gather with their family and friends to open their gifts. We went to my mother-in-law's church and celebrated with Michael and Ashley.

Tonight we get to do it all over again for the 8th graders. Then we are DONE. Until next may, anyway. :o)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You always share such loving and sweet memories of your family and other kids in the town. ;-)

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, that's because for the past 12 years, the kids of this town have been my life. For 9 months out of every year, they're mine for 6 hours a day. They all manage to find a way into my heart and I treasure each and every one of them. I could have written about all 14 graduates if I had the time. This was a rushed post because I did it this morning before work. I had to get it on here, because tonight a whole bunch of others are being promoted form the 8th grade!

Lois Lane said...

First off, happy blogversary!
Secondly, thanks for sharing the photos and our future world leaders.
Lois Lane

Kate said...

Yay for graduations!! :-)