Monday, May 02, 2005

Happy Monday :o)

Today was not the typical Monday. We had superintendant candidates wandering around all morning so everyone was on their best behavior (and I'm NOT talking about the kids). I'm really good at dodging people so I wasn't stressed in the least. hehe

The kids were cute. This is the first time some of them have seen me without glasses. Or at least the first time in their memory. Some of their reactions were funny.

I walked into science this morning and the first grade class was there. One little girl kept staring me. The same one who noticed my hair-cut. I finally asked her, "What's wrong, Grace?"

She looked at me and said, "Ms. Kerri, I know it's you. You sound like you but you just don't look like you!"

I assured her I was still me and started visiting with her as she planted her rye grass and alfalfa seeds. She said something that made me laugh and I told her she was a silly girl.

"Okay, I believe you, Ms. Kerri. You're still you."

**********************

Lucione stayed for dinner today. We had fish and rice. There's no getting rid of her when fish is being served. Now we're munching on frozen blueberries and my fingers have turned purple. Time to stop typinf, I think. :o)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I adore frozen blueberries (and grapes, too!)

Sounds like you had a nice day. ;-)

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, I LOVE blueberries - fresh or frozen. I've never tried frozen grapes.

akeskileut, thanks. Someday I'll get a picture of her. She's got a twin sister and they're adorable. :o)

Jenny said...

Yeah, aren't twins the best?!? ;-)

Lois Lane said...

Poor kids probably though you went on some extreme makeover show. LOL
I'm glad you are still you Ms. Kerri. :)
Lois Lane

Kerri said...

Haha, yes they are, Jayleigh! What I forgot to mention in the post is that Grace's sister told her, "Of course, she's still Ms. Kerri. She's just wearing toncats now."

So am I, Lois. :o)