Friday, May 27, 2005

First Day of Summer Vacation

And I was bored stiff. Haha! I tried my best to sleep in but it didn't work. By 4:30, it felt like it should be bed time. My day was soooo long.

************************************

I'm not complaining, though. I know it will take a few days to adjust. Tomorrow I'm going to town to deposit my paycheck. We don't have a bank here on the island. Hopefully, someone will come in so we don't have to worry about how we're going to cash or deposit checks. What a pain this is. But it gives me an excuse to go to town. hehe

************************************

I cut my bangs today. I remember the first time I tried to cut my own bangs I stood in front of the mirror for almost half an hour trying to get them even. They almost ended up too short. Now it takes three little snips and less than 5 minutes.

************************************

The power company was having some serious issues tonight. The power kept going off and coming on, going off and coming on...we finally just left the house to keep from getting frustrated.

************************************

While we were out driving, the glanced up at the sky and saw an unusual sight. Most of the sky was clear. The sun had set and the sky just above the horizon was golden. Above that there was a layer of thin clouds and it looked like mushrooms were growing out of it. A little later they moved and looked more like huge smoke stacks coming out of a long ship. Sort of like the Titanic...it was pretty cool looking.

************************************

I'm tired of rambling and don't have much else to say, so I'll say good night. I hope you all have a nice weekend. :o)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yahoooo! The pics of field day were absolutely adorable! I loved your story about the 3rd graders' 3-legged race.

I remember doing the twirling on the bat thing when I was a kid and I didn't like it so much. ;-)

You deserve a wonderful summer vacation, my dear. Enjoy!

David Edward said...

enjoy the summer while you can,
smell the flowers, observe the life around you, rejoice in the gift of each day.. ( I was going to talk about sun rising and setting but you may miss that in summer) Peace and wholeness to you

Kerri said...

Thanks, everyone! :o)