Sunday, May 01, 2005

Taxi Driver

The guy who drove the taxi that took me to the ferry on Friday afternoon was hilarious! We had a pleasant conversation about the weather and I made some kind of sarcastic comment about the wind and how it made me look like Medusa.

He then realized that I did, in fact, have a sense of humor and took that as his cue to start telling jokes. They all had to do with Michael Jackson. I hope I can remember them. He was quite proud of the fact that he made me laugh.

Knock, Knock!

Who's There?
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson, who?
You're on the jury!


How can you tell if Michael Jackson is having a party at his ranch?
His driveway is full of scooters, skateboards, and bicycles.


What time is bedtime at Neverland?
When the big hand touches the little hand.


Michael Jackson's lawyer was discussing his case with a colleague. He said he wanted to put Michael on the stand to testify in his own behalf. His colleague asked him why he would do such a thing. The lawyer said, "I know. I don't normally let my defendants take the stand. Especially in a high profile case such as this. But this is Michael Jackson. What can happen? If nothing else, maybe his nose will grow back!"


By the time we reached the ferry terminal, I was laughing so hard at him, I jumped out and left my ticket on the seat. I lucked out, though, and the guy in charge of collecting tickets believed my story and let me board without buying a new ticket.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

ROFL! Those are pretty funny! I got one...
Michael Jackson walks into a restaurant and says
"Do you have a kids menu?"
the waitress replies "yes we do."
MJ says "Okay, I'll have two boys, please."

Kerri said...

Haha, Sandy! Should I ever end up with the same taxi driver, I'll share your joke with him. :o)

Lois Lane said...

There are so many of those flying around! Too funny!
What does Michael Jackson and Walmart have in common? They both have boy's pants half off.
What's the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag? One is made of plastic and is dangerous for children to play with and the other is used to carry groceries.

I'm glad the other guy believed your story. Have a great day!
Lois Lane

Jenny said...

Cute Jokes! I enjoy those "out of the blue" conversations you have with someone unexpected. What fun!

Kerri said...

Lois, I think it was the way I told him my story. I said, "I left my ticket in the taxi cab. Can I just give you another $22 so I can go home?" When he asked if I "really" had a ticket and I said yes, he replied with "Have a nice day!"

Jayleigh, what made it even more enjoyable is the fact that I usually go out of my way to NOT have conversations with people I don't know. Especially those who I will only interact with for short periods of time.