Thursday, May 05, 2005

*Cough, Cough, Aaaaaccccchhhhoooooooo!*

I've had a terrible cold for the past couple days. The horse has returned. This time it feels as if he's brought the entire team. I was fortunate enough to only miss one day of work this time around but my voice was pretty much gone by the end of today. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday.

Lindsey is fine. She came home yesterday and was quite upset that she had to miss a day of school. Today during study hall she and her cousin James got into a heated discussion, a debate actually, about who was more sick. They both missed school on Tuesday, but Lindsey only the 2nd half of the day so James figured he was worse off than Lindsey.

"I didn't come to school at all," he told her.

"Well, my stomach hurt so bad I had to go home."

"I had a stomach ache, a headache, AND my asthma was bothering me."

"Well, my stomach ache was so bad I cried."

"I had to take 3 medicines!"

"Yeah, well I got sent to the hospital!"

She didn't tell him that she ended up to be just fine. She just told him enough to win the argument. Yeah, they're both stubborn. They did not get that from me! heehee

4 comments:

Kate said...

Get well soon!

I'm glad Lindsey is okay. And kids are too funny.

Lois Lane said...

You tell those two, Lois said, "Oh, yeah, well, I'm in a body cast." LOL! Kids are great!
Lois Lane

Fizzy said...

Get well soon.
Are you still talking to me after that meme thingy?
Kids say the wierdest things.
I had a wierd and wonderful conversation with a kid (the-hair- greying-child in my class)that could not belive that I walked everywhere and did not own a car. he kept repeating "you walked?" "you walk?" all of the pigging time
get well soon

Kerri said...

Thanks, Kate...if the cough would just quit already. I don't "feel" sick...just can't talk. haha

Lois, if I thought that'd stop 'em I'd tell them in a heartbeat. :o)

Thank you, Tara. :o)

Of course I'm still talking to you, Fizzy! I just have not been on your blog the past couple days because I've been fighthing this bloody cold. No worries! :o)