Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Lucione and Her Tents

Lucione and Lindsey are very close in age. Lucione was only 18 months when Lindsey was born. Because of that, she spent a lot of time with me. In order to give her mother a break and allow her to concentrate on the newborn, she spent every weekend at my house until she was about 8 years old. She liked being a "big girl" and sleeping in the living room all by herself, but we always worried she'd fall off the couch and hurt herself.

Our solution was to buy her a tent. One of those toy tents with characters on them. She was always a fan of flashlights, even though she was not afraid of the dark. Sleeping, or even playing, in a tent was ideal for her because it blocked out the light. She'd sit in her tent for hours and play all by herself. Usually, she had one of her many Magna Doodles with her because she loved to draw.

She had so many tents. 101 Dalmatians, Minnie Mouse, James and the Giant Peach...

She loved her James and the Giant Peach the best because it was the roomiest. The day it arrived, she was so excited. We had to set it up immediately so she could try it out.

We put it on our big king size bed and she jumped right in. As soon as she did, I started laughing hysterically. She thought I was just tickled about her tent so laughed along with me. I ran and got the camera and tried to calm myself enough to take a photo.

This is what I saw:


Her brand new James and the Giant Peach tent. 

I was in tears from laughing so hard. She just sat there grinning probably thinking I had lost my mind. I showed her the pictures yesterday and we laughed for a good 10 minutes. She said, "OMG! My hair!!"



A closer view. 

I don't remember the other tents doing this to her hair. I'm so glad my camera had film! heehee!

4 comments:

Kate said...

That's too funny and super cute!! :-D

Jenny said...

What a precious photo and memory!!

Lois Lane said...

Awww, sweet! Not too often you capture a Kodak moment like that! Good job Mom! Lane 2's hair does that every time she goes down one of those big plastic tunnel slides.
Lois Lane

Kerri said...

Kate, isn't it, though? heehee!

Jayleigh, she loved that tent. I have a picture of her somewhere poking her head out trying to eat her cereal because we couldn't get her out of it to eat her breakfast.

Lois, I'm just the aunt, not the mom. :o) But I'm so glad I caught the moment. I don't take enough pictures.