Monday, April 25, 2005

What a Long Day!

I don't feel like I accomplished anything today. I don't really like these kinds of days. I kept finding myself wondering why I even showed up to work. The first hour of my day is always fine. That's when I'm in my element. The computer lab. In control of what happens and having a blast. The rest of the day I have to partner up with 2 different people. Because I'm with them only in short bursts, they do all the planning, they do most of the teaching...I basically turn into a gopher for them. I get to run and make copies, hunt down supplies, stuff like that. I so wish we could go back to the way things were. Back to when I was in the computer lab all day doing all sorts of projects. I'm not a control freak, I don't mind not being the lead teacher in science and library...but I want to feel useful.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey! I've SEEN this picture before (of you) but I don't remember this blog...do you have another one?
Anyhow, thanks for the comment! Not too much traffic today so maybe I have to extend de-lurking day : )
I'm saving you to favorites so I can catch up when I have time tonight.

Kerri said...

Sandy, this is my only blog. But I found yours because I followed a comment you left on someone else's. Maybe that's where you saw the picture before?

Sandy said...

Yes! That must be it! Thanks : )

Jenny said...

Ugh. I think it's incredibly uncool that you've become a glorified secretary for everyone else.

I wonder if you talked to the teachers or your principal, if anything would change.

**hugs**

Kerri said...

Np, Sandy :o)

Jayleigh, It's so late in the year I figured I wouldn't bother. But if they try to give me the same type of schedule next year, I will most definitely speak up. I'd rather cut my hours than feel like I'm just taking up space.

Lois Lane said...

I hope today is a much better day for you! :)
Lois Lane