Monday, November 15, 2004

"Your Hair Got Cut!"

Grace, a little 1st grader was the first one to comment on my hair. She saw me and said, "Hey! Your hair got cut!"

"Yes, it did."

"I know why your hair got cut."

"You do? Why?"

"So it wouldn't get tangled up on our pencils anymore!"

Hehe...and she's absolutely right.

My sister-in-law can't quit playing with my hair. She has to grab it everytime I'm close enough for her to reach. She can't get used to my new look.

The little girl who said I had old hair asked if my hair was still old even though it's short. I told her I didn't think so and she almost looked disappointed. She's going to watch me like a hawk now just waiting for my old hair to come back, I just know it.

Other than the many comments and compliments about my hair, it was a pretty uneventful day. A typical Monday. Two of my nieces had dinner with us, though. Lucione and Alexys were here when I got home from work. They were practicing their instruments before basketball practice. When they came back, they were hungry so ate dinner.

I can't stop yawning and can't think of anything else to say so I'll stop and call it a night.

7 comments:

Aimee said...

I love your new haircut. ;)

Hope you're sleeping soundly, right next to the love of your life, and I hope you get the perfect phone call from the docs this week.

Kerri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kerri said...

Thanks, Aimee! I am sleeping so much better. I'm still trying to get used to my hair because, although I knew they were hidden there somewhere, I didn't expect my natural curl to show. It's usually not unless my hair is really short then I get all kinds of wave...but with it as it is now, the ends actually curl up and my niece wants to know why my hair is so bouncy. haha

Aimee said...

Yay for curly hair!

Can you post a picture of yourself, or are you not comfortable doing that?

Kerri said...

A *gulp* picture? Of *gulp* myself? Are ya sure?

Aimee said...

Well yeah! I'd love to see what you look like. But hon, if you're uncomfortable with it, then by all means, don't post it! This is, after all, a public forum.

Kerri said...

I don't have a picture of my haircut yet because I am very good at dodging the camera. If I happen to move too slow one day, I'll pass it along. Post it? Hmmmm...that will take some thought.