Wednesday, November 10, 2004

20 Hrs. and Counting.......NEVERMIND :o(

Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town, Deck the Halls, Jingle Bells, We Wish You a Merry Christmas…these are the songs I’m hearing as I type this. Lucione brought her trumpet home today so I made her practice. She kinda grumbled around because she would have rather watched TV but I said, “You went though the trouble of bringing it home, you might as well practice.”

“Ooookayyyy,” she said.

She’s actually gotten so much better since she started. When she first brought the trumpet home, she was so proud as she announced, “I got my trumpet today!”

But when asked if she could play any notes, “I can blow in it,” was her reply. Hehe

My dad came to dinner again tonight. He likes my meatballs. :o) I always enjoy our visits and I kept encouraging him to come by more often. I hope he heard and complies. I would love nothing more than to have more time with him.

I think when Lucione puts her trumpet away I’ll take her for a walk. I love being out in the cold and she’s got $8.00 burning a hole in her pocket. We have a store here called Mini-Mart. It’s like a miniature grocery store and they sell fast food type foods. I’ll let her buy herself a snack or something.

I don’t know if I’ll have time to post in the morning…I’ll probably be too excited to think straight anyway. Haha If I don’t, you won’t hear from me until Friday evening at the earliest.


8:55PM UPDATE: I just hung up the phone with my husband. The doctors heard an extra heartbeat while they were hooking him up for his stress test. Twice. Now he's got monitor wires all over him until tomorrow at 4:30 so that they can see if it's a fluke or if he, indeed, has an irregular heart beat. They're not too concerned at the moment because once the exercise started, during the exercise, and following exercise, his heartbeat was fine. But now that they have him all wired up, he's got another appointment tomorrow and then another Friday morning. That means he won't be traveling back home until then. Which means I now have sub and a day off for nothing. He told me to go to Town anyway. Get away for a bit and he'd join me Friday. I may, I probably will...but now the queasy feeling in my stomach is back. This has been one rollercoaster of a ride and I've never been a fan of the scary rides.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh crap, Honey. Crap.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you both. Go to town anyway, enjoy some "me" time. Buy a new sweater or a pair of shoes--or just do something you can't normally do at home.

Kerri said...

Mornin' Aimee,

I packed last night just incase I decided to go. Was going to work but instead of calling the school I dialed my dad. Heh...so yeah, he's picking me up in 15 minutes to take me to the ferry. :o)

I won't go to the movies without him, but I'll find something to do.

Have a good weekend. I'll be back probably Saturday evening.

Jenny said...

Wow you posted 3 times since I was here last. Are you sure you're not doing the NaNoWriMo thing? hehe

1. I had a coney dog for breakfast yesterday and goulash for breakfast today. I don't think you're weird at ALL.

2. At least being away from home you'll get to see the Hub Hub sooner!

3. Always, always praying for you two, my dear.

Aimee said...

Ok, I know you won't be back today, but I'm checking in just in case! I'm praying for you & your hubby--Let us know as soon as you know something, ok?

Hugs,
a

Kerri said...

We're back home and am I ever glad! No rest for the weary, though. I've got basketball games I'm late for. Prayers are always appreciated. Thanks ladies! :o)