Monday, November 08, 2004

Miserable Monday

The house is too quiet. Lucione is doing her homework and will be leaving for basketball practice in a few minutes. I don’t normally watch a lot of TV. My husband has shows he likes to watch but with him gone, the TV didn’t get turned on.

I couldn’t bring myself to cook today. I threw in a frozen pizza. Yeah, I know…shouldn’t’ feed the kid junk food but at least I fed her.

Work wasn’t so bad. I kept myself busy so I wouldn’t have too much time to just sit and think. That’s when I’d normally pick up the phone and call home.

This is ridiculous. I shouldn’t be feeling like this! It’s not like he left me. He’s got a doctors appointment and will be home in 3 more days. It hasn’t even been 12 hours since I’ve seen him. I’m being an immature baby and I hate it. Maybe if I actually get some sleep tonight tomorrow won’t be as bad. I was awake until after 1AM and then woke back up at 3:30. Dozed off and on but didn’t feel rested when I got up at 6:00.

Today was another cold day. Blue skies and cool temps…my favorite weather combination.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m irritated with my sister-in-law today. She was planning on borrowing someone else’s video camera to take with her to the basketball tournament. She forgot to call them until it was too late so begged me to borrow mine. It was a Christmas gift from my husband last year. I don’t like for her to borrow things from me because, frankly, she’s careless. She’s always losing her purse, locking herself out of her home, forgetting things, etc. I knew if I let her use the camera, something bad would happen.

BUT, my husband is incapable of saying no to his family. When one of them says jump, he doesn’t bother asking how high, he just starts jumping till they tell him he could stop.

She left on Friday and came back on Sunday. She ruined my battery. Not the small one that comes with the camera, the big one. She dropped it. Twice. It’s being held together with sports tape. Somehow she was able to laugh about her clumsiness as she told me what happened. She asked how much a battery costs. I told her I had no idea because the camera was a gift.

And she still has my camera.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

So sorry you have to deal with a SIL who's so careless! That completely bites!

I am glad though, that your week has picked up since you wrote this. Yay!

Kerri said...

She's older than me, but I always feel like I'm taking care of her when I'm with her. Especially on the rare occasion we travel together. I'm always saying things like, "Janiece, don't forget your purse." or "It's 1:00 now, we have 2 hours till we have to be (wherever) meet me back here at 2:45." but she never does...she's always late, always the last to arrive. If I'm having a dinner, I'll tell everyone it starts at 5:00 and tell her it starts at 4:30, that way, when she shows up at 5:15, we haven't been waiting for almost an hour for her. haha Other than that, she's a neat person with a great sense of humor and I know if I had to, I could count on her in a pinch. Besides, without her, I wouldn't have my wonderful nieces and wouldn't have had the chance to become "Super-Aunt"! :o)