Monday, November 01, 2004

Miscellaneous Monday

My weekend was extremely busy. Friday night we were busy getting our house ready for Halloween. Decorating the windows, sorting candy, and cleaning house. When I wasn’t cleaning, I was busy with my computer. I had to re-install everything and it’s telling me it’s virus-free. But I can’t view my blog from home. I can view it here at work and when I’m home I can view almost every one of my favorites. I can’t view my own or Jamie’s. I have asked Blogger but all I’ve received from them is an e-mail telling me they received my e-mail.

Our community celebrated Halloween on Saturday. (NO I did not wear a custume. I stopped wearing costumes in 6th grade. If you don't know why, it's somewhere in the archives. I'm lazy to link it. hehe) That was a busy day, also, because my niece Stephanie came to town and had her birthday party that day. My husband’s family loves to have family dinners; always big and always loud. I only stayed a couple of hours, I couldn’t last any longer.

Kids started knocking on my door around 6PM and continued until almost 11. I still have tons of candy left over, though. We do this every year. We buy enough, and then second guess ourselves and buy extra about the week before. Then we’re left with tons of extra candy even if we hand it out by the handful.

Today I have to lead a science lab alone for the first time. My partner is sick and I usually play assistant to her. She’s in the science lab all day and I’m only in there for 2 classes a day, so I do more one-on-one things with the kids while she leads the lesson. This is a lab we’ve done with 2 other classes, so hopefully I’ll be able to handle it on my own. There is a sub in there, but I’m basically on my own for this. Wish me luck.

No comments: