Wednesday, November 24, 2004

WHAT'S his name?

Pumpkin pies are in the oven. YUM! Once they are done, we'll bake an Apple/Cranberry pie. I love home made pie. Especially when Michael and I bake together.

I almost let my sister-in-law (the one who broke my camcorder battery...and still has not replaced it OR returned my camcorder) spoil my mood but I snapped out of it real quick. We talked about baking all morning at work. She knew she was going to bake. She knows the grocery store closes at 6PM. So at 8PM the phone rings.

"I'm trying to bake my pies and I don't have baking powder. Can I have some of yours?"

"I don't really have a lot to spare. We're baking, too, and the can is almost empty," I tell her.

"Okaaaaaaaay. I guess I can just use this white powder stuff I found in a baggie. I don't know what it is, but I'll take a chance."

"Geez. Just come get this. I'll find some someplace else."

I always give in to her. I always bail her out. I get tired of bailing her out because she makes the same kinds of mistakes over and over again.

I ended up finding a full can hidden in our shelves but I'm not going to tell her. Not right away. It may be mean, but I'll let her sweat it out for a day or two. But lets be real here, will it even bother her? Probably not. She still has my camera, remember?

On a happier note, she brought her husbands grandson and granddaughter with her. The boy is 6, almost 7, and the girl is 4. They pulled into my driveway and my dog started barking.

The boy said, "That's a really mean dog!"

His grandma assured him, "No, he's not mean. Plus, look...he's tied up."

"What's his name, anyway?"

"His name is Sebastian."

He thinks on this for a bit and asks, "Why do they call him Bastard?"

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Hahahahaha! That's hilarious!

I'm glad you found more baking powder, but I do know what you mean about having to bail people out because of their poor planning.

I two signs in my office. One says, "Be Nice Or Leave" and the other says, "Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part". I'm not sure which one I like better. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, Darlin'!

Kerri said...

Aimee, I LOVE those signs! haha I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kate (Aimee's Kate?), the pies look delicious, so hopefully that's a good sign. :o) I hope you, too, have a very happy Thanksgiving.