Thursday, November 18, 2004

"Smoking is the Leading Cause of Statistics"

So says the man in my radio. hehe

Today is the day for the Great American Smoke-Out. If you're reading this and are a smoker, I hope that you are trying to participate. Even if it's just for this one day. I encourage you to try.

I know, easier said than done. Especially coming from me. I don't smoke, but my mother does. My grandmother died of lung cancer when I was 12. The day I found out she was sick and it was caused by smoking, I vowed never to smoke and so far, I've kept my word.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm embarassed to post this, but the only time in my life I ever smoked was on my 25th birthday. I was plenty old enough to resist peer pressure, but I didn't. I am happy to relate that I was so ill the next day that I spent it all in bed. No more cancer sticks for me.

Kerri said...

When it comes to peer pressure, that is one of the few times I appreciate being stubborn. When I make up my mind I don't want to do something, nothing can make me change my mind.

Jenny said...

I'm USUALLY that way, but that day was just so *weird* and it seemed that rules didn't apply. Good for you for never trying them. ;-)