Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Getting Better All the Time

IF my husbands flight left at 5PM AK time like it was supposed to, he should just be getting his bag from baggage claim. He was supposed to leave at 4:30 but there was a delay. He's supposed to call again once he's settled wherever it is he's sleeping while in Sitka. I'm in better spirits tonight, thank goodness. I was getting tired of that weird mood I was in and the queasy feeling in my stomach has gone away.

My daddy came to dinner tonight. :o) I don't know why, but having him around makes me feel like a kid again. He doesn't treat me like one, quite the opposite, actually. But I always just feel peaceful and happy when he's near like I did back in my carefree childhood days.

I'm going to cook for him again tomorrow. I think maybe homemade meatballs. Something with hamburger, anyway.

Work today was not so bad. Felt like it was dragging towards the end. I think it's a combination of not enough sleep and the possibility of an overnight stay in Town. I say possibility, but I don't think there's much doubt in my mind that we'll do it. I just haven't told the principal yet. It's not like they'll miss me at work. I team teach two out of the three classes I have and the computer classes are only 1 hour each morning. Besides, we haven't been to Town in a while...it will do me some good to get away. I need to buy some Christmas wrap, too. Yeah, that settles it. We'll be staying overnight. :o)

Lucione has finished her homework so I'm going to find something to entertain us before she gets "square eyes". When she was little I'd tell her if she watches too much TV her eyes will become as square as the screen. hehe

7 comments:

Unknown said...

*hugs* you sound like such a beautiful person.

i know how it feels to be around "daddy".

love to you from WArshington state.

Kerri said...

Awww, thanks Vader! Glad you stopped by. :o)

Jenny said...

I think you're Super-Aunt! Lucione is the luckiest niece around.

It's good to feel like nothing can harm you or bring you down when Daddy is around. We all need those safe places so we can be ourselves without worrying about 100 things in the back of our minds.

If you're making meatballs, I'm coming for dinner. Do you think I can get to you by dinnertime? hehe

Have a great day, and enjoy your time with hubby in "town". So, so adorable are you!

Kerri said...

Lets see...if you leave now, you could get here by dinner time...on Friday. haha I'm thinkin if you flew, you'd be ready for some sleep by the time you get to Seattle, overnight there, then fly to Alaska on Friday.

I'm still sleep deprived, but my spirits have lifted (even though he didn't call when he got to Sitka lastnight...I can't believe he didn't call!). I hope you're feeling better, as well.

Aimee said...

Good morning, Hon!

Glad you've decided to go to town--I bet you guys will have a great time. :)

See you when you get back.

xoxo

Kerri said...

Good morning, Aimee :o) I'm sure we'll have fun. *dancing and singing* I get to go to a moooovie! I get to go to a moooovie! Okay, off to work now!

Kerri said...

Gah! I couldn't figure out what I was singing everytime I saw this post. It's a Beattles song! DUH!

I've got to admit it's getting better
a little better all the time
I have to admit it's getting better
it's getting better since you've been mine