Sunday, November 21, 2004

Where Did the Weekend Go?

I can’t believe Sunday is already half over! It all seems a blur right now. I can’t figure out where the time went.

Thursday night Michael took out the artificial Christmas tree we bought last year. It was our first time using an artificial and I’m not sure we’ll keep it up this year. For some reason, he’s anxious to jump-start the holidays. It’s not decorated yet, but it’s set up and he plugs it in everyday.

Friday when I came home from work, he had placed most of my Christmas bears around the tree. The year we got married, my mom bought me Christmas bears from K-Mart because I love teddy bears (my nickname is Care Bear) of all kinds. These ones were all dressed up in pretty dresses and suits. That started a tradition. Every year, she’d send me 2 more. Always a boy and a girl. Then K-Mart started putting out plain looking bears. With just a little scarf or a sweater. Still cute, but not as pretty as previous years. Luckily, they got a new Wal-mart in her town. They had Christmas bears just as pretty as the original K-Mart bears. Up until about 3 years ago, she was sending me 2 new Wal-mart Christmas bears each year. Then we got a Wal-mart in town so I can buy my own. I wanted to buy this years when I was over there but they only had the small ones out because the manager didn’t want to “get sick of Christmas too soon” according to an employee. I WILL get my 2004 bears, though…I’ve got 1992 through 2003 and skipping a year is not an option. It doesn’t matter that my living room is getting over-run with teddy bears. Ha-ha

Saturday, Lindsey thought she had a basketball game at 1PM but it wasn’t until 4:45 so she hung out at my house. We went to the grocery store and got things for Thanksgiving dinner. I decided to let her cook dinner. She and Lucione love to help me in the kitchen because they never get to at home. I had a can of Pillsbury biscuits in the fridge so let her make us some mini pizzas. It was really easy and they turned out to be tasty as well. All she did was flatten the biscuits and then top with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. They baked at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. She was so proud of herself.

After we ate, we went to the Town Hall for her game. Turned out they were behind schedule so we had to watch 2 games before hers, and stayed for the game after hers. 4 games is a lot for one day.

When I listed the little tidbits about my home town the other day, I failed to mention my cousin’s pizza place. She makes really good pizza and we indulge about once every 2 or 3 weeks. Recently, though, she’s added ice cream to her menu. After the basketball games Michael treated me to a double scoop cone. Banana nut and strawberry cheesecake. I hadn’t had ice cream in so long. It was SO good.

Today I haven’t really accomplished much at all. Read a few blogs. That’s my big accomplishment of the day today. I need to figure out what I’m going to eat for lunch…especially since I skipped breakfast. We both got up later than usual and neither one of us felt like cooking or eating.

I’m going to go look at my tree and bears for a while. :o) Maybe blast some Christmas music. I so love having a satellite dish. There’s a music channel that plays “Sounds of the Season” and they’ve played non-stop Christmas music since November 1st.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Confession: I have 5 of the K-Mart Santa Bears and I'm glad to know that there will be another home besides mine with teddy bears all around the tree!!!

The weekend did go by quickly. ho hum I hope you have a great week. We're supposed to have REAL snow here for Thanksgiving. Real. Cold. Slushy. Eewy. Ice. It was fun a few weeks ago to get flurries, but it was also fun to have a few 70 degree days after that.

Kerri said...

Our traditional Thanksgiving weather is heavy rain with the wind gusting at least 60. It's as traditional as the turkey and pumpkin pie. We'll see if it holds true this year. Today was so beautiful it's hard to believe a storm could be on its way.

Aimee said...

Wow--I'm getting so excited about Christmas. I mean like little-girl-wake-up-at-5:30-in-the-morning excited! All I have to do is get through this week of Thanksgiving and it's all downhill from there. Woo Hoo!Oh yeah, your bears sound cute. ;)

Kerri said...

How funny, Aimee! You left a comment here as I was commenting on your blog!

I love Christmas, too. Can't believe Michael has started so early this year. I usually have to *beg* him to get the Christmas things down from the attic!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerri,I've been keeping up with your blog's. So you got your tree out..cool! Maybe we will put ours up after Thanksgiving. We have a Christmas music channel as well. I was so happy when I heard the music..made my day..hehe! I finished another bracelet. I'm thinking of working on some earrings, I need to finish the ones I started,see if I can figure out to finish them. You have a good day..hugs Ahka

Kerri said...

Hi Ahka! I've been thinking about you lately. I haven't been able to catch up with you online. Of course, it would probably help if I actually opened up my Yahoo Messenger more often, eh? haha Anyway, glad to know you're reading. :o)