Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Early Morning Nonsense

Lucione said her bed time was 9:30 so I put her to bed and got myself ready as well. I was in bed before 10:00 but couldn’t sleep. I got up about 10:30 and washed all of the 3 dishes in the sink and just as the water drained, the phone rang.

It was my husband. We were planning on meeting up in Town on Thursday. I was going to go over in the morning (taking a personal day off from work...is this turning into a habit?) to get my hair done and wait for his flight to arrive then we’d come home on the afternoon ferry. NOW, he says he wants me to take TWO days off so we can overnight and go see a movie.

Visiting a movie theater is a big treat for us because we have to actually travel to get to one. Not far, but its still traveling and we have to overnight. So going to see a movie takes some planning. The theater is small…only two screens…so choices are limited but when you don’t have a lot and its such a rare indulgence, you just take what you can get. This time around, our choices are Friday Night Lights and The Incredibles. When he told me this, I said, “Oh! I wanted to see The Incredibles!”

“Yeah, I know…that’s why I called. Maybe you should just tell them you’re going to take 2 days off and we’ll go to a movie.”

Now that he’s put that out there, I don’t even feel like working. I’m not motivated today. Once I finally fell asleep (after Midnight) I slept until 5:30AM. I didn’t get up till 6:00 hoping to catch a few more minutes but never did. I couldn’t bring myself to eat breakfast, but did pack a lunch. I’m sure I’ll be hungry by then. That’s a whole 5 hours from now. Sometime between now and then I’ll find my appetite.

I felt bad about cooking a pizza last night. Not just because I know I should have given Lucione a more nutritious meal, but because my dad called. My step-mother is out of town again. She leaves town a lot for business (she’s our town secretary) and my dad always complains about not eating while she’s gone because he doesn’t want to cook for just one. I’m always telling him to eat with us when he’s alone but he always forgets. He remembered last night. But he can’t eat pizza. *sigh* Guess I’ll have to actually cook tonight.

I think I’ll watch some TV before I have to leave for work…maybe force myself to eat some toast or something. I’m planning on leaving early for work today. I have to visit the ATM machine. I can’t go to the bank during bank hours because our bank is only open from 10AM to 2PM and I work during those hours. Oh well, I get to walk in the crisp morning air and listen to the frost crunch beneath my shoes. I hope your day is a good one. At least I think it's daytime. I can still see the moon. :o)

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow--Have I told you how cool it is to get a glimpse of what life is like in Alask? For those of us who live within an easy 40 minute drive of a major metropolitan area, I just can't imagine not being able to go to the movies or a show or out for a nice dinner or something on a whim.

I'm glad you're taking two days and I hope you guys have a fabulous time!

Kerri said...

Good morning, Aimee :o) I can't even go to the grocery store on a whim unless the urge hits between 10AM and 6PM! When my husband and I are in Town or at my mom's we always take at least one late-night or early-morning trip to the grocery store just because we can.

Jenny said...

Kerri, I am doing well, thanks for asking.

It sounds awesome for the movies to be such a treat that you have to go overnight and I can completely understand not wanting to work now.

I have been bad a commenting this last week as I have been coming down with a cold and right this minute, I am running out the door to sit with my Hospice patient.

I'll tell you more later, but for now, just know my prayers are always with you and Hubby. **hugs**

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, hope you're feeling better soon and don't come down with anything major. I guess the fact that I have to plan and travel in order to see a movie is kind of unique. It's just a part of life for me. Sometimes disappointing when I can't find the time or PayDay is too far away and I have to miss out on a movie, though. Since they only have 2 screens, the movies don't stick around as long. But yeah, makes the whole dinner and a movie thing that much more special. :o)