Tuesday, October 12, 2004

As Long as it's Just My Hair!

Kindergarten just left and I just HAVE to type these two little stories out before I forget.

1. One of the little girls is quite friendly. She's always wanting to chat and always has a big smile on her face. Today she came over and was kinda giggling.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

Her reply? "Oh, I just noticed something. Your hair is getting old!"

Yeah,yeah, I've got some stray white hairs. They're quite noticable against the rest of my dark brown, almost black hair. As long as she thinks it's my hair that's old and not me.

2. There's one little boy in this class who is, hmmm...I'm not sure what the word is. I don't work with him enough to know if he's developmentally challenged or what the deal is. Anyway, they were lined up ready to go and he had his lips all puckered up. Whether or not he actually wanted a kiss or not, I don't know.

My nephew Jase, looking quite nervous, says to his teacher, "Teacher! Timmy's not keeping his lips to himself!"

*big grin* I LOVE my job!

(most days) hehe

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Ohhhh I love your nephew to pieces! Aren't little ones the BEST?

Hope you don't mind, I'm copy-catting your clock. Verrrry cool.

btw, my sis streaks her hair with blonde highlights so her grey doesn't poke through. I refuse to color, so my niece has fun pulling them out one by one. And I let her, because the copper ones outnumber the white ones by A LOT.

Kerri said...

Hi Tara, the son of one of my cousins used to distinguish his grandmothers by the color of their houses. He had a blue grandma and a yellow grandma.

Hi Jayleigh, I've been really dragging my feet with the hair coloring thing. My mom colors hers and it seems like such a pain to keep up with it. I have an aunt who colors her hair, as well. The change is always so drastic that it's hard not to notice. I don't want to be that obvious. Maybe I'll just start wearing a wig. :o) Of course I don't mind you using the clock idea!

Leslie said...

Hi Kerri! Cute post. I volunteered the first two weeks of school in my younger son's kindergarted class. They are just so funny and charming at that age...

Leslie said...

Hi Kerri! Cute post. I volunteered the first two weeks of school in my younger son's kindergarted class. They are just so funny and charming at that age...

Aimee said...

Haha, that's so cute! The hair thing, not the kissing thing. the kissing thing is kinda creepy...

Kerri said...

Hi Leslie, that is such a fun age. Once we get past the first couple weeks of school, the Kindergarten class becomes one of my favorites every year. They have to get past the initial shock of a new experience before you really see who they are. THAT'S when the fun starts!

Aimee, yeah, Jase was a little creeped out, too! Also a little annoyed becuase his teacher and I just giggled when he reacted the way he did. :o)