Monday, October 18, 2004

Freeze Warning

So they’ve actually issued a freeze warning for tonight. Winds up to 25 mph and temps down in the 20’s with “widespread killing frost.” Glad I don’t have a lot of outdoor plants to worry about. The temps aren’t going to stay that low for long, though. Supposed to come back up to the 40’s by tomorrow afternoon and back to rain by Thursday. *sigh* I’m so ready for cold weather.

I had a pretty good day at work today. I just wish my principal would have more faith in me. We talked back in August about testing the kids in reading and math at the beginning of the year and the end of each quarter. I do the testing in the computer lab. The kids only have 30 minutes in the computer lab each week so in order to test both their reading and math, I need 2 weeks. The 29th is the last day of the quarter so I started testing today. I’ll do reading this week and math next week. The results will be available for parent/teacher conferences the first week of November. Remember, the principal and I worked this all out back in August. Today after school, I was getting ready to leave and he runs after me in the hallway.

“Hey, Kerri! Quarter ends soon.”

“Yeah, I know…came quick, eh?”

“That’s what I was thinking. I’m going to need you to start testing.”

“I’ve already started.”

“You what?”

“I gave the reading tests to two classes already. They’ll be finished by Friday. I’ll start math next week. I should have started 2nd grade last Thursday because you want them taking the Early Lit test also, but I fell and didn’t work last Thursday. No worries, though. I’ll have them complete by the time conferences happen.”

“Really? You’re awesome. How’d you know I was going to ask?”

“You already did ask…during inservice.”

“Oh, yeah. Glad someone remembers things around here.”

So now I don’t know if I should feel good that he thinks I’m “awesome” or insulted because he thought I needed to be reminded to do my job.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Absolutely, 100% you should feel good that someone thinks you're awesome and let the bad feelings just go away.

The problem is HIS and he knows it. HE didn't remember talking to you about it. From a 3rd party standpoint, it seems as though he was not disparaging you, but was genuinely glad you remembered and that you two HAD talked about it. imho

Today starts my full shifts again at work. We lost a bunch of hours when business slowed after Christmas last year. Getting back the hours will be great, but having early starts again.... uh... not so much.

Have a great day Kerri, and keep your chin up.

Kerri said...

Yeah, I know you're right. My insecurities kick in every now and then but at least recently they aren't lasting as long as they used to.

When I first read your comment, I read "imho" as "lmho." So I'm sitting here thinking, "imho? What, is she laughing her head off?" hehe...then I realized it was an "i" and not an "l." Oops!

Thanks for the encouragement. Hope you have a great day! :o)