Wednesday, October 13, 2004

OWIE!

I am in so much pain right now I want to cry. Nothing drastic…I just slipped and fell. I stepped out my front door to go to work this morning and before I could even close the door behind me, I lost my footing and landed right on my left knee. My ankle is sore because of the way it twisted as I fell. My knee is sore, swollen, and bruised because I landed on it with my full weight. Pretty much my entire left leg is throbbing. I hope it’s “just” my leg and I don’t end up with a sore back as well.

One good thing, though…I have all day to read my favorite blogs! Haha

Time to put some ice on my knee…I’ll write again later.

10 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Ow ow ow ow! Sorry that happened to you. Ice that leg well, keep it elevated (if that's the right thing to do) and enjoy your day. :)

Kerri said...

Hi Kate, my leg feels like a popsicle right now from the ice! As far as enjoying my day, I'm trying. What do people who are not in to soap operas watch during the day?

Aimee said...

We watch PBS or HGTV. :)

Kerri said...

Hey, good idea! I have DirecTV and ended up just listening to one of the music channels all day. Now my nephew Loren's on his way...I usually help him with his homeword after school and he's a bit put out with me because I wasn't there today. hehe

Aimee said...

Poor kiddo. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow. Soak up the last of the sunshine before it leaves you for a while....

I'll check on you in the morning. :)

Jenny said...

Kerri, I'm so sorry to learn about your injury. Take care and let yourself heal. I'll pray for you and then I'm going to sleep.

'night!

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) to you,sorry to hear you fell. Hope you start feeling better soon. Take it easy and rest your leg. How you feeling today?

Kerri said...

Hi Aimee, thanks...I'm feeling better today. :o)

Hi Jayleigh, thank you...I appreciate the prayers. :o)

Hi "anonymous" (hehe!)...I am taking it easy. Feeling better than yesterday, thank goodness.

Kate the Peon said...

I so read your reply to my earlier comment as, 'What do people who aren't in soaps watch?' and that made me chuckle.

I always like watching a show where the characters are watching a show where the characters are watching a show.

Kerri said...

haha, Kate! I ended up watching Home Alone 2 with my niece. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but you can't argue with an 11 yr old. :o)