Thursday, October 28, 2004

Jayleigh

I had a very vivid dream last night. It was about Jayleigh. This is the first time I’ve dreamt about a fellow blogger. I guess it’s because she’s shared pictures on her blog. The crazy thing is it also involved my principal’s son. Maybe because he, too, has red hair? Crazy!

I was in the house I grew up in. My principal, for some odd reason, lived next door to me. His son was at my house and he brought something to show me. I don’t remember what it was.

“That’s so cool! Where’d you get it?” I asked him.

“Oh! Jayleigh brought it for me.”

I sat there staring at his gift. “Hmmm, Jayleigh…that name sounds familiar to me.”

“Yeah, she said she knows you. She wants to come over. I’m supposed to see if it’s okay.”

Then I panicked. I grabbed a coat and told the boy to tell her to wait a few minutes. I ran outside and there she was. I was so embarrassed because for some reason, I had my coat on upside-down! I tried to walk right past her and pretend I didn’t know who she was but she grabbed my arm. I tried to fix my coat hoping she didn’t notice.

“Don’t worry about it. It's okay,” she said, and gave me a hug.

Once she did that, I was totally at ease. She and I talked for hours. I showed her all my favorite spots on the island. She was able to see some dance performances by some of our local native dance groups. We had a really good time together. I don't remember our husbands being a part of our adventures. Maybe they stayed home to watch Star Trek. hehe

I don’t know why I dreamt about her but I woke up in a really good mood. She’s had a sad morning so I hope if she reads this she cheers up some.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Kerri, thank you. I do feel a lot better now.

There are no accidents with God, no mistakes, no coincidences. Everything fits into his plan and purpose. I don't know why my kitty had to be put down this morning, I mean how it fits into God's purpose, but there were at least 5 great things that happened to me today after Maggie May's suffering was ended.

Your dream about me made me giggle and my hub is giggling now, too.

Thank you. **hugs**