Monday, October 25, 2004

Monday Sing-a-Long

I don't know what it is about me...but certain phrases or words get me singing. This is not a good thing when someone is pouring their heart out to me and I break out in song. Unless it's my sister-in-law, Janiece. She just sings along and it usually puts her in a better mood.

Aimee and some of her friends are planning a trip to Kansas City, MO in a few months. Everytime I read about it, I start singing Fats Domino's song

I'm going to Kansas City
Kansas City here I come
I'm going to Kansas City
Kansas City here I come
They got a crazy way of loving there and I'm gonna get me one


Well today is Monday. As a child I used to watch The Mickey Mouse Club reruns on TV and Monday was Fun With Music Day. Now I've got their Monday song stuck in my head.
It's time for fun with music,
Fun with music,
Making music is fun.
Whether it's a song of home or some foreign land,
Music is the language we all understand.
We're all for one with music,
Fun with music,
And before we are done
Just wait and see,
You'll all agree
Fun with music is fun
Fun for everyone.

I've had this "problem" for as long as I can remember. So much so, that as a child, I used to change the lyrics depending on the situation. One time I was rollerskating with my cousin. She said something about the movie Grease which got me singing Sandra Dee. But that wasn't enough. I changed the lyrics and started singing, "Look at me, I'm Kerri Lee!" We started laughing so hard I'm surprised we managed to stay upright on our skates.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

THAT is excellent. You are such a bright and happy soul, Kerri.

Aimee said...

I do exactly the same thing with songs. Most of the time, I couldn't tell you who sings a song, but I can recite the most obscure lyrics. :lol:

I wish you could come to KC with us, but I guess I'll settle for meeting you in SF (or even San Jose) next time you come visit your mom. :)

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, thank you. That's so nice of you to say.

Aimee, I don't always remember artists, either, but I remember a lot of lyrics. Mostly oldies because that's what I grew up listening to.

Kerri said...

I don't normally drive anyone crazy but myself! Once I start singing a song I sing it AAALLLL day.
Thanks for visiting! I visit your blog almost daily. :o)