Sunday, October 10, 2004

Huh?

Have you ever heard the lyrics of a song and totally misunderstood them? Like hearing “Kiss this guy” instead of “Kiss the sky” and ended up being really confused because what you’re hearing makes absolutely no sense?

When I was small, I used to sing along with my mom all the time. I’ve mentioned it in my comments before. We’d sing Everly Brothers songs and harmonize. Well, when we’d sing Wake Up Little Susie, I always sang the chorus wrong and my mom never corrected me.
I’d sing “When are we gonna tickle your mama, when are we gonna tickle your pop, when are we gonna tickle our friends when they say, Oooh, la la"…etc.
It wasn’t until much later that I finally figured out it says “What are we gonna TELL” not tickle. I asked my mom one time why she never corrected me. She said, “Because you sounded so cute.” Gee, thanks, Mom! So glad I figured it out. Hehe

Tonight my husband and I were out for a drive. Two years ago I gave him The Ultimate 70’s CD set for his birthday and we were listening to 1974 tonight. I was whistling along with Then Came You by Dionne Warwick and The Spinners. He looked at me all puzzled and asked, “What are they saying?”

So I sang along and when I got to the part that says “I never knew love before. Then came you….” he laughed. I asked him what he found so funny.

He said, “I couldn’t figure out what they meant by Wing Dang Doo. That song never made sense to me before.”

I didn't laugh too hard at him, though. I was more relieved to find out he wasn't laughing at my singing. :o)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Kerri!

I had a great time this weekend and I even had fun doing the clowning class. I spent all afternoon yesterday making a Halloween Costume for a coworker. I guess I didn't realize Halloween was really so close.

Your doggy photos are adorable. How old is he? He looks like such a loving little dog.

When my niece was small, she'd say, "I can't wait until I'm MABLE to ride a bike." We never tried to correct her, and at ate 12 she suddenly stopped saying MABLE and started saying able. So I know what your mom meant about not correcting you.

Wing Dang Doo.

Kerri said...

Hi Jayleigh :o)

I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend. Halloween is really close...I can't believe how fast time is flying!

Bud is almost 2 yrs old. He is very active, but when he wants love, he lets you know. He keeps Lindsey occupied for hours and Lucione is the only one who can make him growl. Not in a mean way, though, just during play.

That's a cute story about your niece. :o)

Anonymous said...

What a great site
»