Sunday, October 24, 2004

FINALLY!

It feels like it's been ages since I've talked to my mom and sister on the phone.

Yesterday was my sisters 35th birthday. I couldn’t reach her, but she and my mom called me last night around 10PM. It was so good to talk with them again.

My sister is using a walker and her doctor told her she could try walking with crutches whenever she felt ready. I'm hoping this means she will heal and not have to use a wheel chair. She sang to me over the phone. Hehe Crazy, by Patsy Cline. She’s been practicing. I could tell.

My mom seems to be doing okay. But she sounded lonesome. I wish they could move home. I think she’d be happier here. They say they want to move but the time just isn’t right.

I was glad to have been able to speak with them, but also felt kind of empty when I hung up. I hate not having them in my daily life. Especially when trying to reach them on the phone is such a chore. It’s hit and miss, really, and we miss more often than we hit.

I’ve got to figure out what to cook for dinner. I’m in the mood for sweet-n-sour, I think. Just have to decide if I want to use meatballs or pork.

No comments: