Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Head-Check Day

Ugh! Today was head-check day at school. I hate these days. It makes me feel all itchy even though I've no reason to be. If I wasn't testing this week, I might have considered taking a personal day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had to buy a new water heater today. Our other one literally "burned" out. No fire, thank goodness, but a lot of smelly smoke. Just enough to scare us half to death. I had to spend $370 on a new one. It's times like this I'm glad the state of Alaska pays dividends and it just so happens I'll get mine with-in a week or so. Silly me forgot to ask for direct deposit. I could have had it last week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't get my mom on the phone so I have no idea how my sister is doing. That irriates me. My uncle is back at work, though. I'm very happy about that. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed our little chats each morning as he brings the mail until he wasn't there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to watch The Day After Tomorrow tonight. Right now, as a matter of fact. :o) See ya!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Glad there was no fire... but smoke is pretty yucky too.

By the way, I used to have long hair. I cut it for Locks of Love at the end of summer; 10". It was crazy. My hair has never been this short.

Kerri said...

You know what? Now that you mention it, I read that in your blog. It slipped my mind, sorry. Short hair looks good on you. Hope you have a warm scarf to keep you warm this winter. :o)

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you are both safe, but as Kate said, smoke is very yucky!

Your school sounds like the best place to work, nieces and nephews, friends, and uncles. Nothing could make a girl happier, eh?

Have a great day today. You're still sleeping at this hour, I'm sure. ;-) I am up, though, and I'll have a long but fun day. Spending the afternoon with HUB!! (at the dentist office - boo- but still...

ICKY head checking!

Kerri said...

You're right, Jayleigh, the smoke was pretty yucky...glad we cleared it out quickly. There's a door from the laundry room where the water heater is that leads outside, so that helped.

I really do have the best job. The atmosphere is great, the people are great, and I get to spend my entire day with children. I've got at least one cousin, niece or nephew in every classroom, the elementary secretary is my sister-in-law, the superintendents secretary is my sister-in-law,the cook and his assistant are cousins of mine, the head of maintenance is my uncle, another maintenance guy is an uncle of mine, the night janitor in our building is my cousin, the day janitor at the high school is my aunt, the night janitor at the jr. high is my cousin, the high school secretary is my aunt, the cross country coach is my cousin, three of the school board members are cousins of mine...phew! I think those are all my relatives. I didn't realize there were so many until you mentioned it. That can only happen in a small town such as this.

You made your comment at 2:25AM my time...I was probably just rolling over at that time!

Hope you have a great day, dentist and all. :o)