Monday, October 04, 2004

Tut, Tut it Looks Like Rain

Hum for a Blustery Day
From: Winnie The Pooh and the Blustery Day
Written by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
Performed by: Sterling Holloway [Pooh]


Hum dum dum ditty dum
Hum dum dum
Oh the wind is lashing lustily
And the trees are thrashing thrustily
And the leaves are rustling gustily
So it's rather safe to say
That it seems that it may turn out to be
It feels that it will undoubtedly
It looks like a rather blustery day today
It sounds that it may turn out to be
Feels that it will undoubtedly
Looks like a rather blustery day today

--------------------------------------------


It’s gusting about 60mph right now and the rain is pouring down. It’s a good day to stay indoors and cuddle up with a good book.

My problem is I can’t decide which book to read. I just finished a book by Perri O’Shaughnessy and don’t know whether I want to read another one of theirs or choose a different author (no, I did not use the wrong pronoun…Perri O’Shaugnessy is the pen name of two sisters who write as a team).

I think the cold I had in my chest has moved up to my head. I’ve had a headache all day and I sneeze whenever I try to breathe through my nose. I normally get sick just once or twice a year but when I do, it hangs on forever.

Today was picture day. I didn’t get mine taken. I try to avoid that at all cost. I pretended to be busy when I wasn’t just so they wouldn’t say, “Now’s a good time to get your picture taken.” At least I didn’t skip out on picture day like I did last year. Ha! I really was sick, though…honest.

This headache is really killing me.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Kerri I love the poem! Winnie the Pooh is one of my faves!

Sorry you're feeling so crummy and I hope by the time you get this, you're on the mend and ready to get back up-n-at-'em.

I loved the story about falling asleep when you saw a clown. It's funny, I know about 6 people who are deathly afraid of clowns. I always liked the colors and costumes when I was a kid, but I HATED it when I would go to a parade and someone I knew was the clown and they'd talk to me and I didn't have a CLUE who they were.

I want to see your pic! :o) Your heart is so beautiful and I am just positive your face would add to everyone's impression of you. Whatever you're comfortable with...

Have a great day and feel better, Friend.

Kerri said...

I've thankfully outgrown my fear of clowns. I've been to the circus a couple of times since I got over my fears, but never did get back to a Ringling Bros. circus. I used to have souveniers from the one time I went. They're up in my dad's attic, I suppose.

As far as the picture, I'll think about it. It took a while, but I finally started sharing one on Yahoo and MSN messengers but only with certain people. Hmmm...we'll see.